Auto Electrical Parts UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Auto Electrical Parts UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy has been updated in May 2018 to meet the changes required by GDPR regulations
“We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties”
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Billing and payment information.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We will also as necessary pass your personal information to third parties who process information, fulfil and deliver orders made through this website, process credit card payments made through this website and provide other support services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We also use your Personal Data as required by law, such as for tax purposes.
We use PayPal https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev and Worldpay https://www.worldpay.com/uk/privacy-policy to process your payment we would suggest that you use the links to check their privacy policies.
We need to keep details of financial transactions for 6 years, after the end of the current financial year for tax purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government standards. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Visitors to our Website
When you visit our website, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to various parts of the website. The information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
To opt-out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/privacyoverview.htmlCookies
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website.
- Our analytics service provider generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies.
- The analytics cookies used by our website have the following names: [_ga, _gid, _gat, AMP_TOKEN, _gav_
, __utma, __utmt, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, __utmv].
- The information generated relating to our website is used to create reports about the use of our website.
This website does include social media sharing buttons to 3rd party sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn, which may set 3rd party cookies. Please refer to these sites’ individual privacy policies for further information.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links you leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
As an individual whose personal data is processed by Auto Electrical Parts UK you have these rights
- The right to access what data we hold about you.
- The right to object to direct marketing – either use the unsubscribe option or contact us directly.
- The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests.
- The right to erasure (in some circumstances).
- The right to data portability.
- The right to have your data rectified if it is inaccurate.
- The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (hyperlink https://ico.org.uk/).
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Southern Electromotive Distribution Ltd, Westfield Road, Slyfield Industrial Estate, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1RR
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Any credit, debit or charge card information you give us through this website will be held at a secure and separate site, and once we have authorised your purchase, we will delete the card number and other details. This is so in the unlikely event that our site security is breached for any reason, your credit or debit card details will be unusable.